Just a few suggestions for you to look at before submitting your essay:
- Is your memo written in English?
- Does the memo answer this year’s essay contest question?
- Does your memo address all parts of the contest question?
- Have you given your memo a descriptive title with the name of the country you are writing about in the title?
- Is your memo at least 1,000 words and no more than 1,250 words long excluding works cited?
- Have you made sure that your name, school, or city do NOT appear anywhere in the memo?
- Have you scrupulously followed accepted standards regarding attribution of quotations, arguments, and ideas of others within the body of your paper and bibliography?
- Have you made sure that Wikipedia is not a source?
- Does your memo have standardized citations and bibliography?
- Does your memo have end notes? (Please make sure you did NOT use footnotes.)
- Are your online sources listed separately from other sources in your bibliography?
- Are your teacher's name and contact information included as detailed in the contest guidelines?