Just a few suggestions for you to look at before submitting your essay:
- Does your essay clearly demonstrate that you understand the role of the Foreign Service in carrying out American diplomacy?
- Does your essay clearly outline the peacebuilding tools used to mitigate conflicts and establish peace?
- Is your essay written in English?
- Does the essay answer this year’s essay contest question giving two examples of conflicts, one that works and one that does not work?
- Have you given your essay a descriptive title with the name of the conflicts you are writing about in the title?
- Is your essay at least 1,000 words and no more than 1,250 words long excluding works cited?
- Have you made sure that your name, school, or city do NOT appear anywhere in the essay?
- Have you scrupulously followed accepted standards regarding attribution of quotations, arguments, and ideas of others within the body of your paper and bibliography?
- Have you made sure that Wikipedia is not a source?
- Does your essay have standardized citations and bibliography?
- Does your essay have the required end notes, rather than footnotes?
- Are your online sources listed separately from other sources in your bibliography?
- Is your teacher's name and contact information included as detailed in the contest guidelines?