Foreign Agricultural Service
Mark Petry, Vice President
Welcome to the FAS page of the AFSA website. I look forward to working closely with the membership to establish priorities and set an ambitious agenda for this board's term, including both the broad AFSA-wide issues that face FSOs and those that are specific to FAS. My number one priority is to ensure that this is a membership-driven process. There is a lot of activity within the Agency that involves AFSA and our members' concerns, especially the work to ensure a right-sizing of FAS FSOs at all ranks. While I know AFSA can't do everything, with your involvement I am confident we can make a difference.
You may email me at Mark.Petry@fas.usda.gov at any time. My colleague Corey Pickelsimer (Corey.Pickelsimer@fas.usda.gov) is the FAS representative on the AFSA Governing Board. We both look forward to working on behalf of our colleagues.
Please check this page frequently for recent updates and helpful links as well as general information regarding our work.
Visit the Foreign Agricultural Service web page.
Recent FSJ Articles
- Off Balance? (Mar 2016)
- Workforce Planning Overdue at FAS (Dec 2015)
- Reinvigorating the FAS Esprit de Corps (Oct 2015)
- Formula for Success? (Jul-Aug 2015)
- Member Survey Identifies Needed Changes (Oct 2014)
- New USDA Under Secretary for Trade and Foreign Agricultural Affairs (May 2014)
Contacts and Related Links
- FAS Performance and Budget Integration Plan [pdf] [MS Word doc]
- FAS Annual Performance Plan (PDF)
- Message on OCP, August 30 2011
- Fact Sheet on Locality Pay
- Results of FAS-AFSA Human Capital Survey (pdf)
- Selection Boards and Promotions
Collective Bargaining Agreements
- FAS Collective Bargaining Agreement (May 16, 2013)
- FAS Certification of Representative MOU Collective Bargaining Agreement (June 2, 1994)