Foreign Agricultural Service
Mark Petry, Vice President
Welcome to the FAS page of the AFSA website. I look forward to working closely with the membership to establish priorities and set an ambitious agenda for this board's term. There is a lot of activity within the Agency that involves AFSA and our members' concerns. My number one priority is to ensure that this is a membership-driven process. While I know AFSA can't do everything, with your involvement I am confident we can make a difference.
You may email me at Mark.Petry@fas.usda.gov. Please feel free to get in touch with me at any time. My colleague David Mergen (David.Mergen@fas.usda.gov) is the FAS representative on the AFSA Governing Board. We both look forward to working on behalf of our colleagues.
Please check this page frequently for recent updates and helpful links as well as general information regarding our work.
Visit the Foreign Agricultural Service web page.
FSJ Articles - VP Voice Column
- Member Survey Identifies Needed Changes (Oct 2014)
- New USDA Under Secretary for Trade and Foreign Agricultural Affairs (May 2014)
- Surviving the Shutdown (On Back-Pay) (Dec 2013)
- A New Term and New Opportunities (Sep 2013)
- A Kinder, Gentler and More Productive Workplace (Apr 2013)
- Progress, But Still a Lot to Do/Annual Report
Contacts and Related Links
- FAS Performance and Budget Integration Plan [pdf] [MS Word doc]
- FAS Annual Performance Plan (PDF)