U.S. Agency for International Development
Sharon Wayne, Vice President
Welcome to the online home of the AFSA USAID Vice President - and, by extension, all USAID members. I am here on your behalf to protect your interests, listen to your opinions, and answer your questions. AFSA monitors and works closely with the Agency, especially Human Resources, to assure that labor agreements are followed. Our relationship with HR is collaborative and we work diligently to prevent problems from occurring. When they do, we strive to arrive at the best outcome on your behalf. We are motivated by the following Core Values: Responsiveness; Effectiveness; Integrity; Efficiency; Teamwork; Courage; Empowerment; and Patriotism. In summary, we represent you and pledge our support when you need us. So, please feel free to contact us anytime via email or telephone.
You may always call me at (202) 712-1631 or email me at email@example.com if you have questions or comments. My colleagues Jeffrey Cochrane and Lorraine Sherman are the USAID Representatives on the 2015-2017 AFSA governing board. You may contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. My colleague in the USAID office is Staff Assistant Erika Bethmann at (202) 712-1941; USAID labor-management issues are handled by our AFSA colleagues Labor Management Advisor Jason Snyder and Labor Management Counselor Colleen Fallon-Lenaghan, both of whom you can reach at (202) 647-8160.
Recent FSJ Articles
- Reflections on Human Capital and Talent Management (Dec 2015)
- Foreign Service Limited Appointments and USAID Priorities (Oct 2015)
- Government Change: An Oxymoron? (Jul-Aug 2015)
- Eligible Family Member Employment (May 2015)
- USAID Launches Pilot Global Entry Program (Mar 2015)
- USAID Promotions and Progress on Transparency (Dec 2014)
- The Cost of Longer CPC Tours (Oct 2014)
- Benefits Across Agencies: How Do USAID and State Compare? (Jul-Aug 2014)
- 2013-14 USAID Member Survey (June 2014)
- ePerformance Is on the Horizon (Mar 2014)