U.S. Agency for International Development
Sharon Wayne, Vice President
Welcome to the online home of the AFSA USAID Vice President - and, by extension, all USAID members. I am here on your behalf to protect your interests, listen to your opinions, and answer your questions. AFSA monitors and works closely with the Agency, especially Human Resources, to assure that labor agreements are followed. Our relationship with HR is collaborative and we work diligently to prevent problems from occurring. When they do, we strive to arrive at the best outcome on your behalf. We are motivated by the following Core Values: Responsiveness; Effectiveness; Integrity; Efficiency; Teamwork; Courage; Empowerment; and Patriotism. In summary, we represent you and pledge our support when you need us. So, please feel free to contact us anytime via e-mail or telephone.
You may always call me at (202) 712-1631 or email me at email@example.com if you have questions or comments. My colleagues Jeri Dible and Jeffrey Cochrane are the USAID Representatives on the AFSA governing board. You may contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Our colleagues in the USAID office on the labor-management side are Senior Labor Management Advisor Doug Broome (firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 712-0947) and Staff Assistant Chioma Dike (email@example.com or (202) 712-1941).
I urge you to visit this page often, as we will update it regularly with pertinent and necessary information.
Recent FSJ Articles
- Eligible Family Member Employment (May 2015)
- USAID Launches Pilot Global Entry Program (Mar 2015)
- USAID Promotions and Progress on Transparency (Dec 2014)
- The Cost of Longer CPC Tours (Oct 2014)
- Benefits Across Agencies: How to USAID and State Compare? (Jul-Aug 2014)
- 2013-14 USAID Member Survey (June 2014)
- ePerformance Is on the Horizon (Mar 2014)
- USAID Needs a Transparent Promotions Process (Dec 2013)
- Growing Pains at USAID (Oct 2013)
- It's More Than a Job, It's a Way of Life (Sept 2013)
- The Everyday Risks of Overseas Service (June 2013)
- Helping Even More Members/Annual Report (Mar 2013)
- Links in the Field: AFSA Post Representatives (Jan 2013)