About AFSA's Speakers Bureau
Ambassador (ret.) Patricia Butenis meets with students at Trenton Catholic Academy in Trenton, New Jersey.
Welcome to AFSA's Speakers Bureau information page! AFSA offers a speaker placement service free of charge for anyone interested in hosting an active-duty or retired member of the Foreign Service to speak to their group. We place no restrictions on the size of groups, as our speakers have in the past presented to groups as small as book clubs and as large as universities and World Affairs Councils.
AFSA does not charge for this service; however, the speaker may accept modest honorariums if offered, and assistance with travel or overnight lodging expenses.
Requesting a Speaker
If you are interested in requesting a speaker through AFSA's Speakers Bureau, please fill out our online form. We will gladly provide contact information for Foreign Service speakers who reside in your area. Our frequently asked questions may be of help or contact AFSA’s Outreach Department at (202) 338-4045 ext. 705 or via email at email@example.com with any additional questions.
Volunteering to be a Speaker
If you are a Foreign Service employee or retiree who would like to register for the Speakers Bureau, please fill out our online form. Our frequently asked questions may be of help or contact AFSA's Outreach Department at (202) 338-4045 ext. 705 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions. Once you confirm a speaking engagement, be sure to request your free copy of Inside a U.S. Embassy by clicking here.
- Talking Points and Other Speaker Resources from AFSA
- AFSA Background Information Package
- Request a Copy of Inside a U.S. Embassy
- Clearance Guidance to Retired Speakers
- Standard Language to Use In Promoting Event
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Careers in the Foreign Service – How to Apply
- Message from AFSA President, Ambassador Barbara Stephenson
- Join the Speakers Bureau discussion in the online AFSA Community
- Latest HR Fact Sheet – June 30, 2016