In This Issue
- Secretary Kerry on Overseas Comparability Pay
- VP Voice FCS: Life After the Commercial Service
- Governing Board Meeting
- VP Voice Retirees: Salaries and Retirement—Foreign Service vs, Private Sector
- AFSA Memorial Plaques Criteria
- AFSA and the Public Diplomacy Council Team Up
- 2016 Global Ties Conference: Promoting the Foreign Service
- My Encounter with the IVLP Village
- AFSA on the Hill: The President’s FY 2017 Budget Request
- ADST Awards Gala
- Engaging High School Students: Model UN Conference
- Book Notes: Learning from Our Successes, Not Our Mistakes
The AFSA News section of The Foreign Service Journal began in the 1960s and today remains one of the Journal's most popular sections. It is designed as the voice of AFSA as a labor union and professional association, and highlights association news, activities and advocacy on behalf of the Foreign Service.
In addition to the regular sections from the constituency Vice Presidents, the content varies widely. We report on AFSA events, upcoming program, deadlines, scholarships, professional enrichment opportunities, and so on. The idea is to keep readers up to date on what we are working on at each time, reporting on important issues, and providing some interesting and important reading material to the community at large.
We are always looking for submissions for AFSA News from talented writers in the Foreign Service community. We always want to hear from our members and their families, so please send us your content for such regular features as the Post Rep Corner, cartoons, From Our Members, Active After Active Duty, Family Life Matters, Memo of the Month, and EFM/MOH Issues. These should be no more than 500-600 words, and should be sent to Associate Editor Gemma Dvorak at email@example.com. You can also reach Gemma at (202) 944-5511. We can't promise that every submission will be published, but we will do our best! (All submissions will be subject to editing prior to publication.)