- Awards & Honors
- About AFSA
In This Issue
- Continuing the Conversation: Securing Diplomacy for the Next Quarter-Century
- State VP Voice—Make Your Voice Heard! Vote in the AFSA Election
- USAID VP Voice—The Human Resources Transformation
- FAS VP Voice—Washington Without FSOs
- AFSA Welcomes New LM Staff Member
- 2016 Annual Report Published
- Notes from Labor Management—Packing Out
- AFSA Holds Election Town Hall
- Your Vote Matters—Use It!
- Retiree Corner—Getting the Most Out of Your Social Security
- Retiree Outreach in Action
- Outside the Beltway: AFSA Expands Outreach Efforts
- 2016 Sinclaire Language Award Winners Honored
- Local Engagement in Global Affairs
- ADST Launches FSI at 70
The AFSA News section of The Foreign Service Journal began in the 1960s and today remains one of the Journal's most popular sections. It is designed as the voice of AFSA as a labor union and professional association, and highlights association news, activities and advocacy on behalf of the Foreign Service.
In addition to the regular sections from the constituency Vice Presidents, the content varies widely. We report on AFSA events, upcoming program, deadlines, scholarships, professional enrichment opportunities, and so on. The idea is to keep readers up to date on what we are working on at each time, reporting on important issues, and providing some interesting and important reading material to the community at large.
We are always looking for submissions for AFSA News from talented writers in the Foreign Service community. We always want to hear from our members and their families, so please send us your content for such regular features as the Post Rep Corner, cartoons, From Our Members, Active After Active Duty, Family Life Matters, Memo of the Month, and EFM/MOH Issues. These should be no more than 500-600 words, and should be sent to Associate Editor Gemma Dvorak at email@example.com. You can also reach Gemma at (202) 944-5511. We can't promise that every submission will be published, but we will do our best! (All submissions will be subject to editing prior to publication.)