In This Issue
- Honoring AFSA’s 2016 Award Winners
- State VP Voice: Taking Performance Management Seriously
- FCS VP Voice: The Golden Rule—Paradox or Words to Live By?
- Long Term Care Premium Hikes
- Retiree VP Voice: In Defense of Dissent
- Introducing the Labor Management Team
- To Soar Like a Phoenix
- AFSA Award Winner Profiles
- Using Diplomacy to Meet the New Threat Set
- AFSA Governing Board Meetings: June and July
- Celebrating Strategic Writing
- DS Begins Recording Interviews
- USAID Honors Fallen Colleagues
- Forging Foreign Service Alliances in the Rockies
- LGBT+ in Foreign Affairs
- 2016 Foreign Service Youth Awards
- AFSA National High School Essay Contest Winner
- FEGLI Open Season in September
- Editorial Board Hail and Farewell
The AFSA News section of The Foreign Service Journal began in the 1960s and today remains one of the Journal's most popular sections. It is designed as the voice of AFSA as a labor union and professional association, and highlights association news, activities and advocacy on behalf of the Foreign Service.
In addition to the regular sections from the constituency Vice Presidents, the content varies widely. We report on AFSA events, upcoming program, deadlines, scholarships, professional enrichment opportunities, and so on. The idea is to keep readers up to date on what we are working on at each time, reporting on important issues, and providing some interesting and important reading material to the community at large.
We are always looking for submissions for AFSA News from talented writers in the Foreign Service community. We always want to hear from our members and their families, so please send us your content for such regular features as the Post Rep Corner, cartoons, From Our Members, Active After Active Duty, Family Life Matters, Memo of the Month, and EFM/MOH Issues. These should be no more than 500-600 words, and should be sent to Associate Editor Gemma Dvorak at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reach Gemma at (202) 944-5511. We can't promise that every submission will be published, but we will do our best! (All submissions will be subject to editing prior to publication.)