In This Issue
- Assignment Restriction Reform
- State VP Voice: Farewell
- USAID VP Voice: Government Reform?
- FAS VP Voice: Formula for Success?
- Implementing the 2015 QDDR
- Retiree VP Voice: The Big Issue
- Foreign Affairs Day Turns 50
- Awards and Essay Winners
- Speaking Truth to Power
- USAID Honors Fallen Hero
- 2015 Merit Award Winners
- 2015 Best Essay
- The 2015 AFSA/TLG Intern
- Advocacy: Workforce Diversity
- Thousands Join Online AFSA Community
- AFSA Members Are Sammies Finalists
- Facelift for AFSA's Website
- Scholarship Fund Benefits from Member Generosity
- AFSA Vietnam Issue Sparks Reunion
- Election Results and News Briefs
The AFSA News section of The Foreign Service Journal began in the 1960s and today remains one of the Journal's most popular sections. It is designed as the voice of AFSA as a labor union and professional association, and highlights association news, activities and advocacy on behalf of the Foreign Service.
In addition to the regular sections from the constituency Vice Presidents, the content varies widely. We report on AFSA events, upcoming program, deadlines, scholarships, professional enrichment opportunities, and so on. The idea is to keep readers up to date on what we are working on at each time, reporting on important issues, and providing some interesting and important reading material to the community at large.
We are always looking for submissions for AFSA News from talented writers in the Foreign Service community. We always want to hear from our members and their families, so please send us your content for such regular features as the Post Rep Corner, cartoons, From Our Members, Active After Active Duty, Family Life Matters, Memo of the Month, and EFM/MOH Issues. These should be no more than 500-600 words, and should be sent to Associate Editor Maria Livingston at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reach Maria at (202) 719-9702. We can't promise that every submission will be published, but we will do our best! (All submissions will be subject to editing prior to publication.)